Opportunities for paid employment
Environment Network Manawatu (ENM) employs a number of staff in both operational and project-specific roles. ENM, represented by its Management Committee is committed to being a good employer applying good faith principles and providing a quality working environment, as well as fair, transparent and consistent employment processes. The organisation values:
- EGALITARIANISM – we avoid hierarchy
- RESPECT – We acknowledge our personal idiosyncrasies and humanity. We have compassion for each other and our staff
- INCLUSIVENESS- While we have areas in which we may primarily work, we keep each other in the loop on a needs know basis and support each other when we observe overload.
- CONSENSUS- Is our favoured method of decision making. In doing this we acknowledge that it may take longer but the delay is worthwhile because there is better understanding of how the decision came about.
- COLLABORATION – We acknowledge that we may need to go outside our number on occasions for the expertise that we need. When there is a heavy workload in a particular area we offer to share the load. We work with each other, our members and local authorities to come up with best solutions.