'The Little Green Farm', aka. the 'Makino Food Forest', an urban lifestyle property with twelve years' permaculture work, is now for sale. Rob would very much like the next owner to continue the permaculture work that has been achieved on this site. The property includes an established food forest, with a long list of fruit and nut trees and other edibles, including avocadoes, which could provide an income stream. There is a separate area for small animals. Over the last twelve years, student groups have visited while undertaking permaculture courses. The buyer would receive free consultation from a qualified and experienced horticulture and permaculture design specialist.
The house has stood the test of time, including keeping its feet dry during historic high rainfall events. The property borders the Makino Stream, home to native birds and wildlife. Previous income streams from the property have included courses and workshops on food forests, homesteading and resilience, natural building, seed saving, soil building and nutriend cycling, composting, cheese making, beekeeping, plant propagation, pruning, grafting, permaculture and native revegetation. Many visitors have toured the site, and the owner has provided consultation and designs for other properties. Fruit, veges, herbs, jams, fruit leather, chutney, sauces, pickles and ferments, teas, eggs, worm juice and worms have been sold and traded.
By deadline sale, offers over $390,000 by 4pm 28 November.
Open home and tour times:
Sunday 10 November 11.00am – 11.30am
Friday 15 November 12.30pm – 1:00pm
Sunday 17 November 11.00am – 11.30am
Friday 22 November 12.30pm – 1:00pm
Sunday 24 November 11.00am – 11.30am
Please feel free to contact Rob Bartrum by phone 022 044 5825 or email email@example.com.
• 3 bedroom home, Edwardian character
• More than ¼ acre (1222m2)
• Double garage + workshop, lots of power points, lighting, and automatic doors
• 2 separate garden/tool sheds
• Expandable solar system
• Alarm system in house and garage plus keypad access
• Rinnai perpetual gas hot water system
• Heat pump/Air conditioning and Smart Vent
• Double gas stove with electric oven
• Functional attic with pull down access – lots of storage
• Established extensive food forest
• Large covered deck
• BBQ fire pit and entertainment area
• Handy to schools, supermarket, doctor, library and pool