TechCollect is a free dedicated e-waste recycling service. Delivered to the community via the OfficeMax retail network, TechCollect provides the public with access to convenient, secure, responsible and free recycling of e-waste. This is a not-for-profit service that is industry-funded. The following items are accepted:
- Personal and laptop computers and all cables
- Tablets, notebooks and palmtops
- Computer monitors and parts (e.g. internal hard drives and CD drives)
- Computer peripherals and accessories (e.g. mice, keyboards, web cameras, USBs and modems)
- Printers, faxes, scanners and multi-functional devices
- Cameras and video cameras
Update 29 October 2019: THE PALMERSTON NORTH DROP-OFF POINT IS NOW CLOSED. Other drop-off points continue to operate around New Zealand.
TechCollect is still in its pilot phase. Expansion is planned in the near future which will mean more collection sites around the country, but for now the remaining 13 OfficeMax stores around New Zealand are the drop-off sites.