Talk: NZ's Fossil Fuel Industry
Globe Theatre - 312 Main St, Palmerston North 4410
January 2018 was the hottest month ever on record in New
Zealand. Does this worry you?
Come and listen to two speakers, sharing their knowledge of the Fossil Fuel Industry in New Zealand, and its ongoing effects on people and the environment: Catherine Cheung of Climate Justice Taranaki, and Sarah Roberts of Taranaki Energy Watch, discuss The Drivers and Victims of the NZ Fossil Fuel Industry, in an audio and visual presentation, followed by questions.
- Climate Change is real, it is happening now and it is serious.
- Water is precious; the oil and gas industry consume and pollute huge amounts, daily.
- Land, water, and air pollution is an inevitable consequence of fossil fuel industry activities.
- Undetonated explosives from seismic surveys, looking for oil and gas, have been left in the ground in Taranaki.
- Hundreds of dangerous onshore and offshore incidents have been reported to the High Hazard Unit by the oil and gas industry since 2013.
Hosted by It's Our Future Manawatu and Frack Free Manawatu/Whanganui.